Python with the scientific stack, compiled to WebAssembly.
Pyodide may be used in any context where you want to run Python inside a web browser.
Pyodide brings the Python 3.9 runtime to the browser via WebAssembly, along with the Python scientific stack including NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, SciPy, and scikit-learn. Over 75 packages are currently available. In addition it’s possible to install pure Python wheels from PyPi.
- Getting started
- Downloading and deploying Pyodide
- Using Pyodide
- Loading packages
- Type translations
- Pyodide Python compatibility
- API Reference
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I load external Python files in Pyodide?
- Why can’t I load files from the local file system?
- How can I change the behavior of
- How can I execute code in a custom namespace?
- How to detect that code is run with Pyodide?
- How can I send a Python object from my server to Pyodide?
- How can I use a Python function as an event handler and then remove it later?
- How can I use fetch with optional arguments from Python?
- How can I control the behavior of stdin / stdout / stderr?
The Project section helps contributors get started and gives additional information about the project’s organization.